Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Waiting

Attempting to patiently wait with absolutely nothing to do but lay on the couch is super difficult. So I decided I would put my time to better use and blog, since I haven't done that today yet! I will blog about why I am waiting.

So I got a smartphone, yes? Yes. And I actually really like it even though I thought I was going to get really annoyed by some of the stuff that it does. For example, there are three keys that are on the keyboard that I'm supposed to be able to assign specific functions to. For the life of me though I could not figure out how to do it! It was making me really frustrated, when really it wasn't a big deal at all, I could definitely function without them.

But I guess I made a big enough fuss about it that my grampa had figured out a way to fix it. I guess when it was his phone, he had rooted it with a different interface. This interface that he had installed had changed things and was the reason that I couldn't assign these keys. So he told me that the next morning he wanted my phone just for an hour so that he could put it back on the stock interface and then everything would work perfectly.

Little did I know how much the interface that he had installed had changed the phone. Things I didn't think would change were all of a sudden completely different when he handed it back to me after putting it back to "normal". And I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit! I wanted the other interface back, not the stock one.

And of course, my grampa being who he is wanted to give me exactly what I wanted, so he set to work putting it back. But unfortunately, everything he has tried is not working. The last time he did it, apparently it was easy! This time he has spent hour upon hour for two days now trying to figure out why it isn't working, and still to no avail.

He just handed me back my phone and told me that he can't make it work right now and that he needs to do more research. I should just tell him not to worry about it and I'll just suck it up and deal with it as it is, but he likes the puzzle, he wants to figure it out. So I'll let him I suppose... But I feel so bad that it is causing him so much frustration and taking so much of his time.

He says he'll figure it out eventually, he just has to "find the right one", whatever that means... But I trust him and I know he will do all he can. He is so good to me. I have no idea how I'm going to be able to thank him for all the effort that he's putting into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment