Wednesday, July 4, 2012

This is incredible.

Of course, I adore Eric Whitacre, he is a genius of magnanimus proportions, but he has done something that has never been attempted before. He has created a virtual choir! He has taken voices from all over the world, had them record and send in their videos and then created a choir out of them. This. is. phenomenal. And this is my favorite song by him, it is just so moving. Honestly, if I could have any song performed at my funeral, not that I'm planning on dying any time soon, it would be this one. I have performed it and let me tell you, it is all the more magical when you are inside it, if that makes any sense. Will I have this on repeat? I think yes.

The best part starts at 2:50 :)



p.s. THERE ARE MORE OF THEM!! I just got sucked into YouTube for a while when I really should be going to bed... But there are more of these virtual choir things! Gah! 


(Best part? Start at 3:00. Holy mother of all that is beautiful in this world... Those sopranoes!)


No comments:

Post a Comment