Sunday, June 16, 2013

Gradumicated.

Can we please talk about something for a minute?

My sister just graduated from high school. Yeah. That's weird.

I look at the pictures of the whole event and I still don't believe it. It doesn't seem real! She keeps telling me she is "going away to school", that she "has to register for classes", that she's all "grown up" and I'm over here like "uh-uh sister! (literally) I don't think so! You must stay perpetually in high school forever by royal decree."

Is that fair of me? No.

But it would still be nice...

There is something scary to me about the thought of my younger siblings growing up and leaving home and being adults and stuff. Why? I don't know. It's not like it makes me that much older, I'm still pretty young over here. It's not like I think they aren't going to be able to take care of themselves because I'm sure they'll be just fine. It's not like by them going away to college it really affects my life whatsoever since I don't see them ever anyways!

I don't know what it is! But I think I am in denial about the whole situation. It weirds me out. But I need to learn to accept it because just a hop, skip and a jump down a couple months she'll be leaving home. Little Broski is going to be an only child! Weird...

I'm so proud of my sister for accomplishing what she has. She is an amazing girl and I can't wait to see what she does with herself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment