Monday, June 18, 2012

Seeing as I haven't written anything in like eternity, I should probably take some time now...

I'm currently locked in my room because my gramma's cleaning ladies are here and they are like whirlwinds. I was told "don't get in their way" and the only way I could do that was by refusing to get out of bed. Seems logical, right? hahaha I just had to ask if I could go to the bathroom, which I haven't  had to do for more than a year now, and in my own home. It was weird.

But I figured I would take this time to catch you all up on what has been going on!

My family is currently on a cruise to Russia without me and I am rather upset. I try not to think about the fact that I'm over here while they are off on some boat seeing the world. Heck, my brother only wants to go for the food and Laura is going because it is free. Yeah well, I WANTED TO SEE RUSSIA.

But I'm not bitter.

This week has seemed really long! I'm hoping this one goes faster... Not that I really have anything that I hope will come sooner, quite the opposite actually. But I live for the weekends, let's be honest, when I can do whatever I want and I don't have to go to work!

This week was pretty uneventful, for me at least. My grandparents had something almost every night so I was home alone a lot. But it gave me plenty of time to prepare my lesson! Which I taught yesterday.

Yesterday was a big day! Father's Day, Greg's Birthday, I taught my first lesson, man! My lesson went awesomely though. I was able to deliver everything just the way I had prepared it. People laughed when I wanted to and I wasn't nervous at all! While I was teaching anyway... I was super nervous sitting in sacrament the hour before haha But it went splendidly. I think anyway. I hope people enjoyed listening to it as much as I enjoyed teaching it. Greg will tell you, and so will my grandparents, I did not want to teach. But I loved it. I am so grateful for this calling, honestly, it is right up my alley :)

I have been looking forward in the manual to what lessons I'll be teaching in the next couple weeks, and I'm pretty stoked for those too, especially the one I'll teach on the 29th of July. I get to talk about the Plan of Happiness and the law of Justice and Mercy. As soon as I got my calling, I knew that the one thing I hoped I would get to teach about would be the law of Justice and Mercy and now I'm going to get to! That is, if the schedule stays consistant. I might be the one that ruins that though...

On the 8th of July, I'm supposed to teach again. However, that is also the week of Greg's farewell that I will be attending, soooo I won't be in the state to teach! I'm going to have to switch with someone and teach their week. I hope I can still teach on the 29th though, because I love that lesson!

Not only do I get to go up to Greg's farewell on the 8th, which I'm super stoked about, but I get to stay with Morgan! That will be super fun :) I'm hoping Whitney will go up with me and we can make a roadtrip out of it, but we'll see. I wish you could come Kimberly! And Erica and Mateja, if you want to somehow get to Utah, you can tooootaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy come too :)

In other news, I should be getting my awesome glasses sometime this week, with prescription lenses and all, so that's exciting. My contacts are being super dumb, so I hope they figure themselves out because I would rather wear nothing, or glasses every day, than have to deal with everything being blurry all the time, it's annoying.

Annnddddd, that about sums it up I think! Happy Birthday, again, Greg, I hope it was absolutely spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment