Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tall, Dark and Sleepy

As most of you know, since I know you in real life (what? since when...), I recently started a new job! I now work for Property Solutions. Now this sounds big and intimidating as I've been told, but let me just tell you - it is.

But what is even better is that it is not at the same time! There are 5 values here at PSI, ones that I feel have been branded into everyone's brains to the point where people actually follow them! Crazy! They are:

1. Talk to Me Goose.
2. Be Excellent to Each Other
3. Business in the Front, Party in the Back
4. Be the Real Deal
5. Be the Joneses

And there are a bunch of really dorky training videos and whatnot on these that are actually pretty hilarious because, well, we are hilarious. I love this company, and I will tell you why.

Business in the Front, Party in the Back.

It is legitimately a party here every day. It isn't the office atmosphere that you would expect, at. all. We play games, we joke around, we win prizes, we watch youtube the majority of our days. It's great!

And it gets better. There is a kitchen here that is fully stocked with food. And I can eat all that I want. All of it. All the food. That I want. This morning I had oatmeal and pudding. Who does that? Me. Because I can.

Which brings me to my next point - why I am even here this early to be able to partake of the pudding and oatmeal I just mentioned? It is because I have the early morning Sunday shift. That's right folks, I work at 5 in the morning every Sunday until noon when I get to go to church. Icky? Yes. BUT. No one calls that early in the morning. No one in the right mind is awake that early in the morning! I was the only bloomin' person on the roads on my way here. It was rather eery... And while I'm talking about it, let me just say that going 25mph that early when no one else is around, you feel like a speed demon! I don't think I drove the speed limit the entire way here because that felt like far too fast.

But as I was saying - the great thing about working this early is that I have nothing to do, so I have no excuse not to blog. So from now on, till I get switched off this shift, you can expect a blog post on Sunday mornings to wake up to cheerily at 11:30 when the rest of the world wakes up. Enjoy. And I'm going to eat more pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment